Sunday, March 20, 2011

My First trip to "Cali".

Why do people call California "Cali"? Does it make you sound cooler? Ha I hope so.

I arrived in Orange, California March 16th. I'm staying with a good friend from high school. Much cheaper! I was hoping to get around by bus but it's not as easy as I thought. The bus system is more for going from place to place within your town. It is not for going from town to town easily. From Orange to downtown LA it takes about 5 hours by bus! Crazyness. The metrolink seems pretty simple though. I'm going to try it out sometime this week. I'll let you know how that goes.

I've been to Huntington Beach and Venice Beach so far. So beautiful!!!

I haven't even seen the Hollywood sign yet and I'm sold on California. It's exactly how I was hoping it'd be! Even the radio stations are better :). It does get really cold at night though. I know now to keep a jacket with me. Maybe I've already gotten too used to the Florida weather again. 

I went to In-n-out burger! It was yummy. You have to get "animal style" when you order. Its not on the menu, I guess its a secret?.. That was a must do. 

That's all I have for now. I'm going to do some more local things tonight.

-Jessa

No comments:

Post a Comment